Accounting Assistant Full Time 40 Hours/Week
Des Moines, IA 515-225-9029
At this company, I had the opportunity to learn various accounting techniques and discovered an office atmosphere. Here, I: · Created weekly reports using Excel for the 40 Aaron‘s Sales and Lease franchises we own. · Assisted with the acquisitions of nine new stores. · Paid vendors and researched invoices for our service center. · Kept up vehicle records and maintained ACH payment records for leases. · Reconciled daily banking transactions.
Operations Manager Full Time 60-84 Hours/Week Salaried
Urbandale, IA 515-274-3978
Less than a month after I was hired as a security guard, I was promoted to the night operations manager. Here, I managed roughly 150 guards at 30-40 accounts nightly. After business hours, I solely represented and oversaw the company. My duties included: · Ensuring the quality of security for such accounts as Wells Fargo, Des Moines Water Works, CDS Global, Guide One, and Farm Bureau from 1900 hours to 0700 hours. · Handling alarm responses and implementing proper emergency procedures for all accounts at any given time.
· Traveling throughout the metro area to inspect accounts and train the guards.
· Monitoring five patrol units.
· Responding to all phone calls from guards, clients, and alarm companies.
· Working closely with various police departments, whether it is relaying information or assisting with minor issues.
08/2006 – 06/2008
Front Desk Manager Full Time 40+ Hours/Week
Ankeny, IA 515-964-8202
I began my employment at the Heartland Inn of Altoona, IA and that following September was promoted to the Ankeny location as the front desk manager; handling such responsibilities as accounts receivable, accounts payable, guest interaction, phone calls, and creation of general systematization. During my time here I: · Created organizational methods for several operations,
· Managed payroll for roughly 15 employees,
· Caught up all major delinquent accounts by performing an extensive search for data and billing errors, and
· Developed and maintained professional relationships with my supervisors and coworkers.
11/2005 - 9/2006
Certified Training Associate Full Time 37-40 Hours/Week Panera Bread Company
Ankeny, IA 515-963-7377
At Panera, I opened the store five days a week from 4:45 am to 2:00 pm and set up the bakery display. Also, I was the main customer service representative for the day, taking phone orders and greeting and assisting customers on the main cash register. 4/2005 - 1/2006
Certified Barista Part Time 20-30 Hours/Week
Ankeny, IA 515-964-9000
· Quickly completed a course to become a certified barista,
· Memorized drink orders of regular customers to offer optimum service, and
· Kept a cleanly workspace to ensure maximum quality of product.
8/2001 - 9/2004
Customer Service Representative Part Time 30 Hours/Week
HyVee Food Stores
At HyVee I began work as a grocery bagger and stocker. I advanced to operating cash registers, and then on to the customer service desk. I helped with can redemption, Iowa Lottery sales, other ticket sales, damaged goods inventory, and quarterly inventory. I was also an assistant front-end manager occasionally.
. 08/2010 – 05/2012
Degree Sought: Pre-Law
Des Moines – IA – US
08/2005 - 05/2010
Des Moines Area Community College
Degree Awarded: Criminal Justice
Ankeny – IA – US
Newton Senior High School
Newton – IA – US
. 9/2006 - Present
DMACC Criminal Justice Club
Proficiency Level- Conversational
Available upon request.